Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Big Move

So yesterday was the day.... the day of the big move. With seven helpers (ten including Baby Wyatt, Brent and Myself) and a 26 foot Uhaul we did it....

This week has been filled with packing boxes, making the 40 mile trip down to the new house, unpacking boxes, and packing some more boxes. And let me tell you I am so thankful the move is OVER.

There were only two big problems we ran into....
1) I ran out of boxes meaning stuff was just thrown into the Uhaul on top of the nicely packed things.
2) The box spring to our bed can't make it up the stairs

Because of the lack of boxes the Uhaul looked like this....


Yes that is all my stuff.. and yes I am working on cleaning out!

Amazing, I am almost finished organizing and putting things away. (And making a pile of stuff for the dumpster.) And due to the problem with not fitting the box spring up the stairs I will be making a trip to Ikea this week for a new bed frame. 

On another note, I went to the school I'll be working at this past week and I am so excited. I met so many wonderful and friendly teachers and I'm excited to work with what seems to be a great bunch of people. I also found out I am going to be responsible for planning a training for the teachers in Guided Reading. (Luckily I have until August to gather materials and plan it!)

Sorry for the lack in blogging lately, hopefully now that the big moving is I will continue blogging more regularly!

I'm off to watch Army Wives and the season finale of The Real Housewives of Orange County!



5 comments:

  1. Holy Moley! What a big job, so glad you've already made a big dent in it :) Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through Shasta Anne! Best of luck, and consider me your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I am here from Shasta Anne! Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the move! Here's to a great adventure.

    Cute blog, this is my first time stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got moving anxiety looking at those pictures of the uhaul truck! Yikes! Yay for the move though! I just moved as well and still live in this awkward limbo! Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete