Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Franklin Institute and The Beach

Last Sunday we went to the Franklin Institute. I haven't been there in years. It was Brent's first visit. We went with my brother-in-law, sister, and nephew. It was a good time, but I do remember it being more fun as a kid. Here are some pictures from the trip...










Wyatt really enjoyed the trip. He was looking at everything! I think he was amused by all of the colors.

After we got home from the Franklin Institute, Brent and I decided that we were going to go to Ocean City the next morning. {If you don't know alot about Ocean City it is next to impossible to get a hotel for one night during the summer there.} So I booked a hotel room in Atlantic City. 

The next morning, after saying goodbye to Bentley {I really did hate to leave him!} we hopped in the car and left for the beach! I was so excited as this was my first beach trip of the summer thus far. We arrived at the beach around 10am. It was gorgeous out! We spent several hours laying out and walking the boardwalk in Ocean City before leaving to drive over to Atlantic City.

While walking the boardwalk we bought some of Johnson's Caramel Popcorn. It is so yummy and I definitely recommend trying it if you haven't!


Then we went to Shriver's and we each picked out our favorite flavors of Salt Water Taffy. Shriver's Salt Water Taffy is by far my favorite. They make it right there and it always tastes incredibly fresh.


After exploring the boardwalk, we headed for Atlantic City..


When we got there, we went to Sammy's Beach Bar because we had a $25 credit that came with our room. I got a Watermelon Margarita and sadly I wasn't impressed. Here we are at Sammy's.


After leaving the beach bar, we went back to the room to rest for a little bit before heading out for dinner. After Brent took a nap and I played on facebook we headed to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner. It was our first time eating there, it was good but not one of my top pics.

Here we are on our way out.. {excuse the funny color of the picture from the Iphone}


After dinner we walked through the outlets and then headed back to literally play $10 on the slots. {We are definitely not big gamblers!}

Anyways.. we spent a whooping 30 cents and look what we won...


Yes you guessed... $46.50. No it isn't close to the Powerball or Megamillions but hey, it's $46.20 more then we spent! After our big winnings we cashed out and headed back to our room to get some sleep.

The next morning Brent and I woke up and decided to check out the buffet in the hotel since we had a Buy One Get One Free Coupon. {Yes, I love coupons!} It was yummy and they had a large selection of food. The only problem with breakfast is that Brent accidently knocked a plate off the table. Here is the evidence...



And here is Brent. {I wish the picture didn't turn out blurry!}


After breakfast, we decided that we were going to go to Caesars and Harrah's casinos to spend our $10 free play that we each had for each of the hotels. Between the two of us we won about $100 and by this point we were ready to head home. {And I was ready to see Bentley!} So we packed up the car and left the beach. 

It was a good mini-vacation and it was nice to get away.. just the two of us. Although I was happy to be home with Bentley! {And I'm sure he was excited to see me!} 

1 comment: