Can you believe Easter is this week?

I am definitely excited. For me, Easter means a 7 day break. (Definitely one perk of being a teacher-- not to mention having over 2 months off for summer.) However, I must survive 2 more days of teaching before my long break. Although, I must admit I love my kiddos so it's not so bad :)
I can't believe it is already the fourth marking period at school and we are in the final stretch. The kids are getting anxious and antsy for a break. The streak of warm weather we had has brought out Spring Fever in the kiddos {and teachers}.
My plans for Easter include visiting family, catching up on some sleep, lounging on the couch, and maybe a few craft projects. I have pinned so many different projects on Pinterest that I haven't found the time to do yet.
This past weekend, I read the Hunger Games. I must say that it was the first book I couldn't put down in awhile. It was different then my "typical reads". There has been such a hype over the book/movie that I had to see what it was all about. Overall, it was a great book. It was very descriptive and was very intriguing. The only part I found a little bit disappointing was the end. However, there is a second book in the series which is probably why the author ended the first in the manner she did. I have the second and third books that I plan on reading as well.

The Hunger Games was also the first book I read on my IPad. I love it! It was convenient to have my book and computer (and Facebook) all in one place! I would definitely recommend the book to a friend and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment